ACS Field Technicians are essential to the success of our service department. Our techs are responsible for on-site troubleshooting, maintaining chemical and equipment performance, as well as customer satisfaction
.As an ACS Field Technician, you will need to manage a collection of customers based on a pre-determined route. You will manage the customer's chemical/equipment performance, ensuring their establishment is receiving expected results. This requires a high level of organization and attention to detail.
Presenting a professional and personable presence at each location is expected. In most cases, our techs are the face of ACS. We pride ourselves on a very personable level of service.
- High school diploma or GED, or technical school preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a similar environment.-
- Electrical diagnosis and mechanical repair experience.
- Valid driver's license and clean motor vehicle record.
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting, diagnosing, and repairing food service equipment such as dishwashers, dispensers, and their electrical systems.
- Manage a route to provide pro-active service.
- Provide customers with chemical support, knowledge, and safety.
- Provide customer training on the use and maintenance of service equipment.
- Follows up on all customer requests and questions to ensure the customer is satisfied.
- Maintains a service van and its inventory.
- Process paperwork upon completion of each repair performed.
- Maintain a professional appearance and attitude.
- Competitive wages.
- Comprehensive training and support.
- Team mentality and excellent levels of communication.
- Excellent Benefits including medical, dental, vision, supplemental, and disability insurance.
- Personable working environment.
- 401k with company match.
- Nine paid holidays a year.
- Paid-time off.
If you feel that you would be right for this position, please fill out our initial mobile-friendly application so that we can review your information. We look forward to meeting you!
"SERVICE BEFORE THE SALE"
ACS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants based on race, color, sexual orientation, religion, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, national origin, disability or handicap, or veteran status.